Ok, this is kind of a rant post. I acknowledge that Microsoft is really really doing a good job at certain (developer) spots (ASP.NET, Visual Studio, IIS, SQL Server, …). But NOT at the browser developer tools – I’m listing my issues here, hoping the IE-Team will listen and make the world better for everybody.
For security reasons request sizes are limited by default. This is configurable in the web.config file through the httpRuntime sections maxRequestLength attribute. The value is an integer and it’s default value is 4096 (KB) and therefor is 4,153,344 bytes or 4 MB.
I got a bit tired of walking down the directories to manually edit the IIS configuration file. So I wrote this little script to ease up opening the file from 32 and 64 bit Powershell: