Looking back on 2006 ... that was a lot ... and the reason I was a bit quiet
- Together with Clemens I wrote a message based waterfall-caching-framework which can be hooked into a web service architecture for a customer.
- For Uwe Baumann of Microsoft Germany I wrote a localizable ASP.NET starter kit (with a discussion forum and a really nice membership administration API) for coding4fun.de.
- I distinguished technical and architectural fires (mostly ASP.NET, Web Services and ADO.NET) in Germany, Luxembourg and Sweden.
- Consulted half a dozen customers from several industries throughout Germany.
- As a trainer and speaker on conferences and trainings I've bin to Germany, Poland, Denmark, Greece, Ukraine and England
- DDD was really one of the best events out there!!!
- Together with Stephan I organized the biggest regional software developer community event (NRW06) and connected .NET, PHP, Java and Linux developers.
- I had an interesting fight: Me vs. Java consultant (to let a customer make a decision on IT strategy).
- Worked together with Michael, the newtelligence crew, Microsoft's DPE in Germany and the connected systems team in redmond on a security analysis on Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) for the Federal Office for Information Security of the German government (BSI).
- Created material and did 3 architecture gigs for Microsoft EMEA.
I'd like to thank everybody I worked with. May you all have a merry XMAS and a happy new year.